We're an early-stage software start-up based in Ottawa, Canada. Our team is made up of industry experts and C-Suite Fortune 500 advisors bent on using their collective experience, skills and industry knowledge to disrupt and rescue an underserved market: the non-profit sector.
Our software enables non-profit staff and volunteers to focus more of their time and money on their mission, and less on dated systems and painful admin. Our best-in-class donor experience drives engagement, relationships and ultimately, healthier fundraising, enabling our customers to build trust and credibility with their donors and stakeholders.
We’re searching for a Senior React Developer who is passionate about shipping great code and making the best product possible.
As a key early hire for our Engineering team, you’ll be instrumental in growing and building out the core Givecloud platform, ensuring that it is performant, high-quality, predictable, and aligned with Givecloud’s mission to untie the hands of world-changers.
What You’ll Do:
- Develop and deliver high quality, tested, and detail-oriented user experiences (from sketches, breadboards and flows to final deliverable)
- Evolve our existing server-side app to a single-page React application
- Collaborate with colleagues in Customer Service and Growth to scope new features
- Prototype and test new features
- Contribute to the design and evolution of our software development processes
- Support the back-end team as needed
- Leverage your expertise to enhance application performance, WCAG accessibility and browser compatibility
Who You Are:
- You’re continuously learning and enhancing your knowledge and skills
- Highly self-motivated and results-oriented team player who thrives in a remote environment
- You care deeply about the user experience, never shying away from the last mile to create something truly delightful
What You’ll Need:
- 5+ years’ experience as a React developer (thorough understanding of state management, context, hooks, lifecycle)
- Experienced with the full development life cycle, including understanding customers’ needs, architecture, design, coding, testing, and delivery of solutions
- Experience with Jest and react-testing-library (or other testing frameworks)
- Experience with backend development using server-side frameworks, such as PHP/Laravel or NodeJS/Express
- Database skills (in one of the following or similar: Elasticsearch, Postgres/PostGIS, SQLite, MySQL, SQL Server, MongoDB, Redis, etc.)
- Experience with CSS/SCSS
- Experience using development tooling (Github, NPM, Command Line)
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills (both written and oral)
- Experience working in an environment that develops in quick iterations, on-the-fly planning, balancing shifting priorities and uses retrospection to constantly improve their process
Why Work Here?
- We have an amazing culture (high level of trust, asynchronous work, remote-done-right)
- You’ll be heard, valued, and empowered to leave your mark
- You’ll have the opportunity to apply your skills to creative, challenging work, and do something great
- You’ll own your tasks and your success, and even a piece of the company
- We’re a virtual team, so you can work from home
Givecloud values diversity and is committed to creating and fostering a diverse team and an inclusive work environment. We encourage applications from people with disabilities and will provide accommodations throughout the recruitment and selection process.